|April 03, 2013 - July 31, 2013|
|Salary Range:||negotiable |
|Employment Type:||Year-Round - Part Time|
|Description:||As an Associate in Produce for McKinnons Markets and Super Butcher Shop, you will maintain a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service. You will support the Produce Department Manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, receiving and preparing product and maintaining the Produce area and selling the product.|
|Duties:|| Receives, unloads, and puts away product delivery. Prepares Produce products for the floor displays and retail cases.|
Ensures a fresh and appealing case by checking codes, rotating products, and removing out-of-date products.
Maintains correct department signage and pricing.
Weighs, prices, and packages customer selections.
Answers customer questions and practices suggestive selling.
Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing.
Follows and complies with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
Operates and sanitizes all Produce equipment in a safe and proper manner.
Answers department telephone calls and pages quickly and with excellent phone etiquette.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Produce Department Manager, Store Manager, or Supervisor.
|Qualifications:|| Provides exceptional customer service that continuously improves and grows.|
Effectively utilizes shrink control procedures.
Provides ideas and suggestions that contribute to the growth of the team.
Carries out duties in a timely manner.
1. A desire to grow with the Produce Team
2. Ability to follow instructions and procedures
3. A desire to learn about natural and organic foods and products
4. Effective time management skills.
5. Strong work ethic and integrity.
6. Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
7. Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
8. Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
9. Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders.
10. Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds, unassisted and able to push and pull carts with product weighing up to 100 pounds.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.